These days, people spend a good amount of time on hair styling and these styling products build up on the hair. The hairsprays, gels, waxes, and mousses are sticky in nature and tend to attract dust. This makes your hair look dull and lifeless. Straightening, curling and backcombing also make the hair look frizzy and limp. You need to detoxify your hair using certain methods. This is crucial to maintaining their health and making them look beautiful. So, here are 5 steps for detoxifying your hair and bringing them to life again.
- Exfoliation of the scalp- If you live in a city and your hair is continuously exposed to pollution, dust and dirt along with free radicals get accumulated on the scalp. Therefore, it is important to remove it so that the scalp can breathe freely and hair can grow more beautifully. So, exfoliate your scalp with the help of a brush before you go to sleep. Wash your hair and condition them the next morning. You will get a cleansed scalp. This will also help in regulating blood flow and providing nutrients to the hair follicle. As a result of which, you’ll have glossy and healthier hair.
- Use hair mask- Our hair and scalp have to bear a lot every day. These include the cold and dry weather in winter, hot water showers, and various styling tools like curling irons, straighteners, etc. These things take away the natural moisture from hair and scalp leaving them dry and damaged. So, you must make use of a mask that will be hydrating, antibacterial and soothing to the scalp and hair. The organic products that are used for nourishment promote the hair growth, detoxify it and work as an antioxidant too. So, it is better to use a natural and organic hair mask.
- Shampoo and conditioner with natural ingredients- You should not choose your shampoo and conditioner randomly. Make sure these hair care products do not contain toxins and sulphates. Some of the brands claim of their products being natural, but they may contain fillers made up of wax that can give rise to problems like dandruff and scalp irritation. So, consult experts and make the choice carefully of shampoos, and Conditioners.
- Use high-quality color- While buying a hair color, there are two ingredients to look for; ammonia and PPD or PTD. These days, a few companies are coming up with ammonia-free colors but many others are still using it and other harmful ingredients. There are no alternatives available for PPD and PTD, but some of the organic products in India use them in small quantity and try to create permanent colors. If you want to color your hair without any toxic effects, then you can try some semi-permanent colors.
- Be healthy internally- Internal health is very important for the growth of the hair and a healthy scalp. Healthier scalp produces healthier hair. So, drink plenty of water or herbal tea. Eat a balanced diet rich in protein. Try to eat when you are calm and stress-free as when you eat during a stressful situation, it affects your digestion process and in turn the health of the hair.
These are few of the steps you must follow in order to detoxify your hair. Here, it is important to note that, some changes occur instantly while some take time. So, you have to be patient with the hair care routine until you get positive results.